FileZilla FTP Client: WordPress has the support for many numbers of FTP clients. FileZilla is an FTP Client that acts as a bridge between the computer and the host server in transferring files of higher than 4GB. FileZilla FTP Client is a cross-platform free software, FTP application, that consists of FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. FileZilla is a fast and reliable client that supports FTP, FTPS, and SFTP. It has come with lots of useful features along with an intuitive graphical user interface. The Client binaries are accessible for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS, whereas the server binaries are available for Windows only. Quickly move your files between the computer and Web server with FileZilla. It helps in transferring files and navigating among the folders, Web sites, and the computer. The software enables the user to perform multiple file transfers simultaneously. The advanced features like manual configuration and speed limit monitoring of FileZilla FTP client are the added advantage.
You may also like List of FTP Commands
Although FTP may seem to be an outdated protocol, it is a very reliable platform for transferring larger files or groups of files to the Web server. Deploy multiple simultaneous connections to speed up the file transfers. FileZilla has complete support for all your FTP needs as it includes a documentation wiki and a forum. FileZilla FTP Client is easy to download and install on any computer. Click on the few basic server settings to run FileZilla on your computer.
As it has intuitive UI, just with the drag and drop, you can upload and download the files between your web server and computer. The site manager pane lets you monitor your actions by highlights the status of file uploads and downloads, or bypass the queue with the manual transfer. Manage your website with FileZilla FTP Client’s powerful functions like pause or cancel file transfers, configure transfer speed limits to reduce the file transfer errors. Access your favourite server in seconds with the QuickConnect button. Set speed limits while setting up the network if you don’t want to overload the bandwidth.
Features of FileZilla FTP Client
1. Protocols supported in FileZilla FTP Client include FTP, SFTP, encrypted FTP such as FTPS and SFTP.
2. FileZilla has the support for IPv6 encryption method which is the latest version of the Internet Protocol.
3. It supports resume option and which means the file transfer process can be paused and continued at any point.
4. Browse on more than one server or transfer files simultaneously between multiple servers as FileZilla FTP Client has Tabbed user interface for multitasking.
5. Manage the server lists and transfer queue for ordering the file transfer tasks with the Site Manager.
6. Get Bookmarks with FileZilla for easy access to the most frequently used sites.
7. With FileZilla, one can download and upload files or folders with the intuitive drag and drop interface.
8. Directory comparison is available for comparing local files and server files located in the same directory. If the files are found to have different information, then it will highlight that file in other colours.
9. Limit the file transferring speed as to help to reduce the error of transferring with the Configurable transfer speed limits.
10. With the Filename filters, users can filter on only the specific files that have met the conditions provided.
11. Configure the confusing network settings in the form of a step-by-step wizard with the Network configuration wizard.
12. Quickly edit the file on server side on-the-fly with the Remote file editing option. So you no need to download, edit on the computer and re-upload back to the server.
13. Check if the connection has been idle for a long time transfer by sending keep-alive command with the Keep-alive option.
14. Supports SOCKS5, HTTP/1.1, and FTP-Proxy, and logging to file.
15. FileZilla has synchronised directory browsing, and it also has Remote file search to search the file on the server remotely.
Screenshots of FileZilla FTP Client
Thank you for reading the post. Hope the article provided useful information to you in dealing with FileZilla FTP Client. Let us know from your comments in the case of queries.