FireFTP FTP Client: WordPress has support for lots of FTP clients and one among them is the FireFTP FTP Client. It is an open-source, cross-platform free FTP client for Windows, Mac, and Linux OS with Mozilla Firefox browser. In the form of an add-on, FireFTP FTP Client works to transfer files between the client and server. It has the following protocol support that includes FTP, FTPS, and SFTP. When it comes to transferring files less than 2GB, then FireFTP works the best. The layout of this FTP client is much similar to that of WS-FTP. File transfer is made easy as FireFTP has advanced options like directory comparison, syncing directories while navigating, SSL encryption, SFTP, search/filtering, integrity checks, drag & drop, remote editing, file hashing, and more. The FireFTP add-on supports all the kinds of connections as like the standard FTP client, and it can even handle several different accounts. There are some other FTP Clients like WinSCP FTP Client.
FireFTP is a charityware that was initially released on 2004 and runs on the platforms with Firefox supports. Save profiles such that you can connect to as many servers as you want and that saves your time if it is a standard connection. The file manager is the same as Windows Explorer, and a status bar will keep you updated exactly how long a transfer is taking place. FireFTP can be activated from the Tools menu, and by opening a two-pane view from within a Firefox window. The pane on the left side shows the local file system, a tree of directories and a list of files available in the current directory. The pane on the right will display the remote FTP server. Between the two panes, there are two buttons with arrows in which one is used for upload, and the other one is used for download.
FireFTP FTP client has the support for caching directory listings, and it can also make a comparison between any local directory tree and the remote one. It is connected via proxy servers, and it can be reconnected automatically after disconnection. FireFTP provides searching and filtering options, and it also has the support for command lines. To connect to an FTP server, the user can either enter a site name directly as “QuickConnect” or could use the Account Manager to make FireFTP remember the settings about that particular site. Besides connecting to an FTP server, FireFTP can save the site, its username, password and other connection settings. Connect with different security protocols such as SFTP, implicit SSL and others. Also, stored FTP servers can be chosen from a drop menu, in the upper-right corner of the interface without typing a username or password.
You May Also Like: FileZilla FTP Client
Features of FireFTP FTP Client
1. FireFTP is an FTP client that is a free and open-source freeware file transferring client tool.
2. The cross-platform support of FireFTP client made it works on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux platform with Firefox browser.
3. The FTP client is an add-on or extension that has a seamless integration with the Mozilla Firefox.
4. SSL/TLS/SFTP support for improved security. The encryption used is the same with the online banking and shopping.
5. Compare directory content and compares subdirectories with the directory comparison feature of FireFTP.
6. Keep directories in sync while navigating the file and folder with the FireFTP client. Also, there is a timestamp synchronization available in the FTP client.
7. Character set support of FireFTP includes UTF8 and just about any other character encoding supported.
8. Automatic reconnect and resuming of transfers including the dropped transfers.
9. Integrity check in the FireFTP will make sure that the file transfer was successful with XMD5, XSHA1 support.
10. The remote editing of the FTP client will edit the remote files without transferring them locally.
11. See the differences in content between the folders with the folder comparison feature in the FireFTP.
12. FireFTP does Search/Filtering, Export/Import accounts quickly.
13. File Hashing is supported in the FireFTP, and you can generate hashes of files like MD5, various SHA’s.
14. Easily drag-and-drop the files and folders from your desktop with the help of FireFTP.
15. FireFTP FTP client will compress the files by using MODE Z method.
16. FireFTP FTP client has the support for Proxy support, FXP support, and IPv6 support.
17. There is even support for advanced properties like CHMOD, recursive CHMOD, and thumbnails.
Screenshots of FireFTP FTP Client
Other FTP Clients:
- SmartFTP Client
- Direct FTP Client
- Transmit FTP Client
- FreeFTP FTP Client
- CuteFTP FTP Client
- Cyberduck FTP Client
- WinSCP FTP Client
- FireFTP FTP Client
- WS_FTP Professional FTP Client
Hope this section provided useful information to you in dealing with FireFTP FTP Client and features. Thank you for reading the post. Stay tuned to the website for more relevant articles.