SmartFTP FTP Client: One another WordPress supported file transferring protocol client is the SmartFTP FTP Client. It is a network file transfer protocol for the Microsoft Windows. Earlier on 2008, the FTP client software was free to the non-profit users. Post-July 7, 2008, the SmartFTP forums had announced that the software was no longer free to use. From then, SmartFTP is a premium version of FTP client for the Windows platform that is used to move files between client and server. The software uses the Windows API for its interface and is available for both IA-32 and x64 editions of Windows. The supported file transfer of SmartFTP client includes FTP, FTPS, SFTP, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, WebDAV, and Backblaze B2 protocols. It also has the support for SSL/TLS, IPv6, and FXP. Furthermore, the client has a transfer queue, proxy and firewall support, chmod features, multiple connections, and Drag-and-drop.
With many basic and advanced Features, SmartFTP allows secure, reliable and efficient internet file transfers that make it a powerful tool. SmartFTP has included some Internet-based batch of attributes along with its classic features. It includes uploading and downloading files, images, documents, movie and music files. Also, it can carry out passive mode transfers, a large choice of FPT connections and creation of favorites. The FTP client software has an easy and intuitive interface that helps the user when publishing their website or downloading files. The Explorer-like, customizable interface of the SmartFTP has the support of drag-and-drop functions.
Smart FTP has three editions namely, professional, ultimate, and enterprise editions. Schedule the downloads or uploads to more than one server by using the Global Queue window. The SmartFTP FTP client user can copy files from one remote host to another (FXP) or can open several FTP connections at the same time. Without any time delays or errors, the user can connect to multiple FTP connections. Remote-host directory information is cached for later viewing, and FTP URLs are also supported in SmartFTP client. Easily monitor the speed of your file transfers and set specific tasks into the queue once after all the files have been transferred.
You May Also Like: Transmit FTP Client
Features of SmartFTP FTP Client
1. Supported file transferring protocols of SmartFTP client includes FTP, FTPS, SFTP, Text Editor, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, WebDAV, and Backblaze B2 protocols.
2. The modern Graphical User Interface (GUI) of the SmartFTP has the support for High DPI and integrated text editor support.
3. The SmartFTP client has options to make File or Folder Synchronization, Thumbnails View, and Preview, or the user can do Visual Comparision.
4. Get Advanced Schedule, IPv6 support, and On-the-fly Compression or otherwise, e termed as MODE Z compression from the SmartFTP client software.
5. UTF-8 is now the default fallback character encoding, and it has the support for KeePass, LastPass, 1Password password manager.
6. The Explorer-like, customizable interface of the SmartFTP has the support of drag-and-drop functions. Thus, making the user perform the task quickly.
7. Remote-host directory information is cached for later viewing experience, and FTP URLs are also supported in the SmartFTP client software.
8. Get multiple connections support from this FTP client, and it also has features to auto reconnect and resume the broken file transfers.
9. Transfer Integrity of the SmartFTP includes verified transfers that include XCRC, XMD5, XSHA. It also has the FXP, Server-To-Server Transfer support.
10. Proxy or Firewall support of SmartFTP includes the following SOCKS5, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A, HTTP Proxy, Wingate, Winproxy, CSM, Checkpoint FW-1, and Raptor.
11. The SmartFTP client has Transfer Queue option that can perform scheduling in the Enterprise Edition, Uploads or Downloads FXP, and has the support for unlimited simultaneous threads.
12. Spell checker, new quick find and replace, clipboard ring, indicator bar, favorites list, background transfers, a passive transfer mode, proxy support, are some of the features available with the new version of SmartFTP client.
13. Other notable features of SmartFTP includes remote files editing, search for the files and folders on the server, local browser support, and bulk renaming of the files.
14. The SmartFTP client has the support for Windows OS with 32-bit and 64-bit for file transferring.
Screenshots of SmartFTP FTP Client
Other FTP Clients:
- SmartFTP Client
- Direct FTP Client
- Transmit FTP Client
- FreeFTP FTP Client
- CuteFTP FTP Client
- Cyberduck FTP Client
- WinSCP FTP Client
- FireFTP FTP Client
- WS_FTP Professional FTP Client
Thank you for reading the post. Hope the content given is useful to you in dealing with SmartFTP FTP Client and Features. If you have got any queries, comment us below, and we will help you out.