WinSCP FTP Client: The support for the FTP clients in the WordPress site are available in high number, and WinSCP is one among them. It is otherwise termed as Windows Secure Copy. WinSCP is a free and open-source FTP client for Windows OS that supports SFTP, FTP, and WebDAV protocol. The WinSCP establishes a secure connection and transfers or copies the files between the local computer and the remote server, which is the primary function of any FTP client. The WinSCP FTP client also offers its user with basic file manager and file synchronization functionality. WinSCP uses Secure Shell (SSH) for secure transferring of files, and it also supports the SCP protocol in addition to that of SFTP. The FTP client also has the support for legacy SCP protocol. As long as you have access to the SSH server with the SFTP/SCP support, WinSCP is easy to download and use.
The WinSCP’s user-interface is designed to be so simple as it lets its user simultaneously view the files available on the client and server side. It will save your server name, port, login details for speedy access at any point later. The user could see all the files on a single screen as the client files (local computer) will be displayed on the left and server files (remote server) on the right side. By clicking on file, you can either upload, download or edit those files. Furthermore, the WinSCP FTP client has integrated itself with the Windows folders, and thus the user can drag the files or folders directly from the Windows to the web server. Thus file transferring is made simple with this FTP client.
WinSCP has other functionalities such as it lets the user move files on the remote server, create new directories, or delete them. There is a command line interface that creates scripts to automate the file transfer tasks. WinSCP act as a remote editor. It also edits a file directly from the WinSCP by using its internal text editor, or even by integrating the WinSCP with other external text editors. The remote version will automatically get updated whenever the document is saved. WinSCP can perform some advanced functionalities as it has options to transfer the presets, shell integration, custom commands and more. WinSCP is an FTP client that is lightweight, works fast and is highly customizable.
You May Also Like: FileZilla FTP Client
Features of WinSCP FTP Client
1. Graphical user interface of WinSCP offers the users with the Explorer and Commander interfaces, Where each of them has extensive configuration options.
2. By default, WinSCP FTP Clients supports English. However, the user can switch to other languages as it can translate into many languages.
3. Configure the WinSCP FTP client during installation or from the application that includes drag and drop, URL, shortcut icons, jump list, and more as it has integration with Windows.
4. WinSCP has File transfer protocol supports options such as FTP protocol, SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and WebDAV protocols.
5. The FTP client, WinSCP offers scripting/console interface with many other commands and dot NET assembly wrapper for the advanced programming tasks as it has batch file script and the command-line interface.
6. WinSCP offers directory synchronization options to synchronize your remote and local directories in several semis or fully automated ways.
7. The integrated text editor feature of WinSCP FTP client lets you edit any remote or local text files. WinSCP is based on the source code of the popular SSH client, and it shares site settings with it.
8. The authentication option in WinSCP FTP client supports the password, public key, keyboard-interactive, and Kerberos (GSS) authentication.
9. WinSCP FTP client has PuTTY support as it integrates with the Pageant, a PuTTY, authentication agent. It provides full support of public key authentication with the SSH, and it optionally import the session information from the PuTTY sessions in the registry
10. Additional options in WinSCP is it protects the stored site information with an optional master password. It also supports the portable operations using a configuration file in place of registry entries.
11. The user can choose either Windows Explorer-like or Norton Commander-like interfaces.
12. WinSCP will optionally store the session information, and it does all common operations with the files.
13. Unlike FTP clients, WinSCP can upload files and retain the associated original date/time stamps.
Screenshots of WinSCP FTP Client
Other FTP Clients:
- SmartFTP Client
- Direct FTP Client
- Transmit FTP Client
- FreeFTP FTP Client
- CuteFTP FTP Client
- Cyberduck FTP Client
- WinSCP FTP Client
- FireFTP FTP Client
- WS_FTP Professional FTP Client
Hope the information provided is useful to you in dealing with WinSCP FTP Client. Comment us in the case of any queries. Stay tuned to our website for more relevant articles.