WordPress FTP Plugin: WordPress is a well-known blogging site that is supporting about 60 million websites. It is an open-source content management system which is found to have a massive number of plugins say 50,967 plugins. The primary use of plugins in the WordPress site is to add new features or extend the functionality of the WordPress website or a blog. Each plugin offers custom functions and features, and thus it enables the users to tailor their sites based on their precise needs. A plugin for WordPress is usually referred to as a piece of software with a group of functions, and that can be added to a WordPress website. WordPress plugins integrate seamlessly with WordPress as they are written in the PHP programming language. Each of the plugins will come under a category, and this post is all about the WordPress FTP Plugin. Now file managing has become an easy process with the list of WordPress FTP Plugin. WordPress Plugins.
WordPress FTP Plugin
One need not depend on the FTP to perform any actions onto the WordPress site like earlier days. FTP plugins will do that job, and managing files has become easier as each WordPress FTP Plugin is designed to be smart and lightweight. The response time of the plugins is extremely fast as they will operate from the backend and thus ensures the admin not to use any FTP program separately. Any WordPress user need not provide the FTP credentials whenever an update comes rather you can install WordPress FTP Plugin as it will simplify the task. Also, hosting a site can be done smoothly now with the premium WordPress FTP Plugins as it lets you browse, edit, create, copy, search, upload, download, delete, and much more. Other standard WordPress FTP plugin features include creating new folders and files, zipping and unzipping the files and folders, and changing the permission level of the files and folders. Some of the WordPress FTP Plugin are listed here in the article.
You May Also Like: Top Free FTP Sites
1. File Manager
File Manager by aihimel is the most robust and powerful WordPress FTP plugin. The File Manager plugin for WordPress lets you upload, delete, copy, move, rename, archive, and extract files. It is effortless and easy to use. Install the standard WordPress plugin and then install the File Manager plugin and visit your dashboard. You will find a side menu called the file manager and click on it to open it. Upload, download, and delete are the File Manager supported operations. It has a light and elegant client UI that can perform all other operations with the files and folders like the copy, move, upload, create folder/file, rename, archive, extract, edit, etc. It is an alternative to FTP as it includes responsive features.
- File Manager has Image and File Edit, Drag & Drop file upload support.
- Quicklook, a preview for common file types, list and icons view available.
- Archives create/extract (Zip, rar, 7z, tar, gzip, bzip2)
- Supports file search and sort, Calculate Directory sizes, audio video preview/play.
- It has high-performance server backend support.
- Uses local file system and so no need of a database.
- Rich context menu and toolbar
- Shortcode support, User Role Permission, and User Permission.
- Enable file manager plugin for the frontend.
2. File Manager
File Manager by Admin can create or extract files formats like rar, zip, tar, gzip and can upload any size files. It has high-performance server backend and light client UI. Admin will get a Notification whenever a file is updated or downloaded or edited.
- The File Manager Pro can control what types files can be uploaded and what file can be downloaded.
- The user can access frontend using the shortcode. There are custom attributes available for the frontend.
- Admin can grant access to the same or different folder to the different user’s roles and different users.
- Admin can hide files and folders for user roles and other users.
- Admin can control code editor themes. There are several themes available for the code editor.
- High-performance server backend and light client UI.
- The user can edit text files and images. The plugin provides access to local file system storage drivers.
- Admin can control file operations and can hide and lock files or folders for the particular user.
3. Media from FTP
Media from FTP is a WordPress FTP Plugin specially developed to upload larger files to the media uploader. Even when the file size is large, Media from FTP will perform well as it registers to media library from the files that have been uploaded by the FTP. The plugin will create a thumbnail of the image file, metadata with images, videos, or audios.
- Change the date/time. Work with DateTimePicker. jQuery plugin select date/time.
- Register the Exif data to the caption.
- Export the log to a CSV file.
- The plugin will periodically run if you use the Schedule options.
- The command line execution is supported. (mediafromftpcmd.php)
- You could register a significant number of files without timeout that works with Ajax.
- To Import the files to Media Library from a WordPress export file.
4. Tuxedo Big File Uploads
Tuxedo Big File Uploads is another WordPress FTP Plugin that enables you in uploading larger files in the standard built-in WordPress media uploader. File to be uploaded can be as large as the disk space capability. No need to use FTP rather activate Tuxedo Big File Uploads plugin and use the media uploader as you normally would. There is no messing with Apache/PHP initialization files or settings required.
- The plugin shows available disk space for temporary uploads directory.
- It also shows the maximum upload size limit setting as the maximum upload file size in the media uploader.
- Go to Settings -> Uploading Files -> Media page. There are options available for maximum upload size limit, chunk size and max retries.
5. WP Easy Uploader
WP Easy Uploader is a WordPress FTP Plugin that was created for the Administrator to add themes, plugins, and any file to WordPress directly from inside the WordPress. No need to load up an FTP client rather try WP Easy Uploader plugin to upload a text document and let others download.
- Install plugins and themes without downloading the files and upload them back to the server.
- Upload plugins directly to the plugins directory and theme files to the themes directory.
- Upload large batches of files by zipping the files and then use WP Easy Uploader to unzip them into the destination directory.
- If FTP is restricted or blocked by the local network, you can load files to particular locations on your site.
MiwoFTP is a WordPress FTP Plugin that is smart, fast and lightweight. It operates from the WordPress back-end and thus cancels the requirement of using an FTP. Browse for folders, create, edit, copy, move, delete, search, upload and download files and much more operations are supported in MiwoFTP.
- MiwoFTP browses and searches for files, folders.
- Shows names, file sizes, file types and permissions.
- Copying, moving and deleting files.
- Create new files and folders.
- Uploading and downloading files.
- Changing files and folders permissions (chmod).
- Zip / UnZip files and folders.
- The plugin supports basic ACL.
Hope the information is useful to you. For any queries about WordPress FTP Plugin, please comment us below.